The key to determining how a T-shirt looks to the greatest extent is the fabric. Two similar T-shirts can show completely different effects by the amount of difference in fabric.
Commonly used fabrics for T-shirts on the market are: ordinary cotton fabrics, mercerized cotton fabrics, cotton double mercerized cotton fabrics, ultra-high count yarn cotton fabrics, polyester-cotton hexagons, herringbone patterns, stripes, four-corner meshes, composite ribs, Mesh, etc., has now developed many new fabrics, such as modal, polymer moisture-absorbing fiber, bamboo charcoal polyester blend, germanium fiber, silver fiber, collagen and so on. Let me give you a few common fabric characteristics of custom-made T-shirts:
1. Cotton is the most commonly used fabric for custom-made T-shirts. It is comfortable, skin-friendly, breathable, hygroscopic, and environmentally friendly. It is divided into mercerized cotton, saccharified cotton, cotton + cashmere, cotton + Lycra (high-quality spandex), cotton + nylon, cotton polyester and other textures. Casual T-shirts are mostly made of ordinary pure cotton fabrics. T-shirts of this fabric are comfortable to wear, but slightly less crisp. It is easy to wrinkle and deform easily after entering the water.
2. The mercerized cotton fabric is made of cotton by worsted spinning to make high-woven yarn, and then through special processing procedures such as singeing and mercerizing to make high-quality mercerized yarn that is bright, bright, soft and wrinkle-resistant. The high-quality knitted fabric made of this raw material not only completely retains the excellent natural characteristics of raw cotton, but also has a silky luster, the fabric feels soft, is moisture-absorbing and breathable.
3. Modal is a kapok fabric, which is a natural fiber; new environmentally friendly material, water absorption and perspiration performance is several times stronger than cotton, quite good, the only drawback is that it is easy to change, if you add polyester or Lycra blends, it is very good, it is high-grade T T-shirt fabric.
4. Cotton and Lycra (spandex) This is an elastic fabric. Generally, it is more self-cultivating, showing your figure, and wearing it next to the body. It will not feel the same as wrapped, and it is elastic. It is often used to make women’s T-shirts.
5. The advantages of 100% polyester are good color sense, strong wrinkle resistance and not easy to deform. The disadvantage is poor air permeability and poor sweat absorption. Generally adapted to sports T-shirts.
6. Nylon (polyamide) is the most breathable variety in chemical fiber, but it is still worse than pure cotton. It is characterized by smooth hand feeling and good color feeling. Generally, it needs to go through a fake knitting process before it can be used on T-shirt products.